"Jefferson Health Addresses Crowding with Teletriage"
Below is a 5-minute spotlight showcasing how the Philadelphia-based health system combats flu season and ED crowding with new technology and a new way of thinking.
Learn More About Jefferson’s Approach
Are you interested in learning more about Jefferson’s approach to addressing ED crowding? Request a meeting with our team below:
Topics Addressed in “Jefferson Health Addresses Crowding with Teletriage”
Judd Hollander and other clinicians from Jefferson Health cover a wide variety of topics in this spotlight video. Below is an overview of the topics:
1. Addressing the Core Problem in the ED
- Crowding and waiting represent the core problem
- Improving the patient experience in the ED
- History of waiting problem in ED
2. Teletriage Introduction
- Teletriage technology from EmOpti
- Step-by-step experience for patients
- Faster treatment and results with EmOpti
- Teletriage during the flu season
3. Teletriage Technology Overview
- Building versus buying technology
- IT department bandwidth
- Queuing system in teletriage
- EMR integration
4. Benefits of Teletriage
- Getting orders started early
- Personal touch from virtual physicians
- Improved patient and staff satisfaction
- Improved clinical metrics from teletriage
EmOpti in the News
How a MedStar Hospital Slashed ED Wait Times by More than 1 Hour (Advisory Board)
"To cut ED waits, MedStar partnered with telemedicine startup EmOpti on a pilot program of a system called Teletriage. The system works by using video to allow a doctor to see a patient remotely during the triage process. As a result, triage nurses can start ordering tests and certain medications while patients wait for a full, in-person physical." READ MORE >>
At Aurora Health Care, Telehealth Use is Improving ER Patient Flow (Health Informatics)
Aurora Health Care leaders saw an opportunity to work with a local health IT startup company, EmOpti, Inc., based in Brookfield, Wis., on a technology solution that would replicate the triage approach. “So we used a Lean startup methodology, just like a startup company would use, to quickly figure out what would work the best..." READ MORE >>
Want to schedule a one-on-one meeting with EmOpti?
Click the button below to pick a time and day for a meeting with EmOpti using our Calendly app!